Translate

Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Welcome!

OK, I've been thinking for some time now about how cool it would be to have a blog site, but when my wife told me Sunday that I needed to start one, that was enough for me. After discovering in Sunday School how passionately into computers and web surfing and chatting most of our students really are, in her practical wisdom Amy suggested this might be a good way to stay in touch.

My goal is to use this site as tool for communicating the truth of God's word, the gospel - the treasure with which I (and all believers in Christ) have been entrusted. With so many false teachings prevalent in our culture today and accepted blindly or ignorantly in many churches as well, I trust, with the help of the Holy Spirit, that this site will be a voice serving to guard the sound teaching of the grace of God through Christ Jesus.

One of my greatest struggles in preaching each week is not what to say from God's Word, but what not to say! Seriously I love the study of the Bible, and I could preach for two hours each Sunday if I thought anyone would sit that long to listen. The challenge lies in narrowing down the message to rifle in on the main focus of the passage, which I faithfully attempt to do. However, that usually means that I don't have time to speak in depth on some aspects of the text that truly are fascinating. Perhaps this blog will allow me to share more of the delight I find in the law of the Lord with you.

I encourage your feedback, too! Feel free to ask questions, raise concerns or share your wisdom and insights from the Scriptures here. May the name of Jesus be glorified.

No comments: