Translate

Friday, July 15, 2011

"I Love to Tell the Story"

As Christians - those who have been born of God, brought from darkness into light, from death to life, from enslavement in sin to victory in Christ...those who have an unshakeable hope of everlasting life, a heavenly inheritance that is incorruptible, undefiled and unfading, the unfailing promises of God's word - the theme of our lives ought to be telling the story of Jesus and His love.

We are ambassadors of Christ, sent by the Lord to represent Jesus to the world. We are witnesses of His salvation, empowered by His Holy Spirit.

It's a great story, and one that we're compelled to tell. If you know it, you love to tell it.


I love to tell the story
Of unseen things above
Of Jesus and His glory
Of Jesus and His love
I love to tell the story
Because I know 'tis true
It satisfies my longings
As nothing else can do

I love to tell the story
'Twill be my theme in glory
To tell the old, old story
Of Jesus and His love

Words: Katherine Hankey

No comments: