Translate

Tuesday, April 7, 2020

A better day is coming!

Like you, I hate this. I hate the fact that people all over the world are getting sick and dying from this novel virus.

I hate that people are losing their jobs and don’t know how they’re going to make it. I hate that others are working twice as hard under extremely difficult and stressful conditions.

I hate that we can’t gather as a church. I hate that family get-togethers are out. I hate that schools are closed. I hate that grieving families can’t even have a proper funeral. I hate that weddings can’t be celebrated as they should. I hate that nursing homes and prisons and hospitals can’t have visitors when they need encouragement the most.

I hate that some politicians are using this crisis to point fingers, create division, and seeking their own agendas. I hate the way the media fuels panic and fear through sensationalizing seemingly every story.

Thanks for listening. Just had to get that off my chest.

It’s a mess, isn’t it?

At the end of the day, though, what I really hate is the curse of sin that brings all kinds of trouble and sorrow and death into this world.

But you know what? I am awed to think that Jesus stepped into our mess to rescue us from all this pain.

This week in particular we’re reminded that the Holy One took on human flesh and dwelt among us, felt our sufferings, and eventually laid down His life for ours in the most horrific fashion.

I’m humbled, but I’m hopeful because we also remember and rejoice in Jesus’ victory over sin and death by His resurrection from the grave on the third day. We know that these “light and momentary afflictions” will be far eclipsed by the eternal weight of glory revealed when Jesus Christ comes again and establishes His reign of eternal peace, righteousness, and joy. In that Kingdom there will be no more pain, no more tears, no more death.

So we do not lose heart. Rather, we “fix our eyes on Jesus, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God” (Heb. 12:2).

Keep the faith, my brothers and sisters in Christ. There’s a better day coming, for He is the resurrection and the life, and whoever believes in Him, though he die, yet shall he live (John 11:25). Our King has triumphed, death has been swallowed up in victory, and we shall be raised with Him in glory!

Friend, if you’ve not repented and put your trust in Jesus, then I urge you to do so now before it’s too late! “Seek the Lord while He may be found; call upon Him while He is near; let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts; let him return to the Lord, that He may have compassion on him, and to our God, for He will abundantly pardon” (Isa. 55:6-7).

No comments: