Translate

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Overwhelmed

I composed the following lines a year ago in gratitude to the Ridgway First Baptist Church for the many ways in which they have demonstrated the love and grace of God to me and my family. I am truly overwhelmed by God's presence and power on display among His people.

Psalm 28:7 says, "The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song."

These words attempt to convey my humble thanksgiving before my gracious Savior and Lord.

Overwhelmed

Overwhelmed by God’s great mercy
Overjoyed yet by His grace
Gently raise my hands in wonder
Humbly bow in grateful praise
For our Father, our Provider
Overwhelms me with His love
Pouring blessing after blessing
From His heavn’ly throne above

God is gracious, full of kindness
Slow to anger, rich in love
Strong in power, grand in splendor
Highest praise He’s worthy of
He exalts the lowly servant
Who cries out unto His name
Watching ever, leaving never
Age to age He is the same

What have I done to deserve His
Overwhelming grace divine?
Chief of sinners, my description
Death and hell, my final fine
But then Jesus, to my rescue,
Shed His blood upon the tree
Poured His grace out in abundance
Gave Himself to set me free

When I dwell in contemplation
On the goodness of my King
How my thankful heart keeps longing
For the perfect song to sing
How I long to bring Him glory
How I long to love Him more
In the beauty of His presence
Overwhelmed my soul does soar

Father, bring Your church to glory
Raise her up in Christ alone
Grant her strength to be Your witness
Let her love flow as Your own
Thank you for her glowing kindness,
Overwhelming grace to me
Let her radiate that brightness
Desperate for the world to see


In gratitude to Ridgway First Baptist Church for their overwhelming love.
Rob Gallion
November 19, 2006

No comments: