Translate

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Preaching in Robinson on Mother's Day

I really do not like to be absent from the pulpit at Ridgway FBC. I mean, I do love to preach when given the opportunity in other churches, but I hate having to leave the Ridgway folks.

It's not like I think they need me so much that their worship experience will suffer if I'm not there. Nor do I worry that a guest preacher may so stir up the church that they won't want me back. I'd actually love to have God's people stirred with a fresh filling of the Holy Spirit - whether I'm there or not.

This Sunday I have the unique opportunity of preaching at my parents' home church - Robinson First Baptist Church. I'm praying it will be a special occasion as we celebrate Mother's Day.

But I'll miss the guests at Ridgway. I'll miss the faithful members who will bring their mothers and other family with them. I'll miss the fellowship and the bond of love we have together in Christ. Mother's Day is always a special time of worship and fellowship.

I'm looking forward to being in Robinson, though, and looking up for guidance and strength and power in the Spirit to preach God's word clearly and boldly as I ought.

No comments: