Translate

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

The Sacrifice

On the cross your body torn
Battered from the stripes you’d borne
Bruised from blows unjustified
Beaten, broken, crucified

On the cross your blood flowed down
Seeping from that mocking crown
Dripping from your hands and feet
Pouring from your heart’s last beat

Who would bear such pain and strife
Who would lay down his own life
Who would suffer such disgrace
Who would suffer in my place

Matchless Love, O matchless Love
Matchless gift of God above
Mercy for my sinful soul
Mercy cleansed and made me whole

Jesus, O what love you showed
Saved me from the debt I owed
On the cross you paid the price
Lamb of God, the sacrifice

Sing, my soul, you’ve been set free
Guilt and shame are history
Death has no more sting or claim
Life is yours in Jesus’ name

Praise the Lord who came to save
Jesus triumphed o’er the grave
One day He’ll return as King
Glory in the highest sing


Written by Rob Gallion on the occasion of participating in the Lord’s Supper Service, October 3, 2010

No comments: