Translate

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Find Love! (Psalm 26)

Psalm 26

I have quite a few handwritten notes in the margins of my study Bible. Usually they’re certain insights the Lord has given me as I’ve read through Scripture, references to other passages, or applications the Spirit has impressed to me. One such note in the margin beside this chapter reads “Find love!”

In verse 2 the writer opens himself to the searching and convicting light of the Lord. In view of the false accusations against him from his enemies, David earnestly begs the Lord to test him and make sure that his own actions are pure. He’s not claiming to be sinless, but he knows that through his trust and abiding fellowship with the Lord, God will vindicate him.

The Bible tells us that in Christ we are reconciled to God. That means we’re without blame in His sight, holy and free from accusation (see Colossians 1:21-23). That’s our hope in the gospel, our confidence in Christ, who has redeemed us, made us righteous and steadies our feet on level ground.

As I pray for the Lord to examine my heart and my mind, I pray that He finds love. Since His love is ever before me, my earnest desire is to walk always in His truth. I want to love the Lord passionately, with all my heart and mind and soul and strength. I want to love His church zealously. And I want to love the lost with the compassion of Jesus. Love disarms every enemy. Love keeps us walking in the pathway of His truth. Love delights the Father. O Lord, test me, and find love!

No comments: