Translate

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

It's Still My Father's World


This is my Father’s world. “The earth is the Lord’s, and everything in it, the world, and all who live in it; for he founded it upon the seas and established it upon the waters” (Ps. 24:1-2).


This is my Father’s world. “For every beast of the forest is Mine, the cattle on a thousand hills. I know every bird of the mountains, and everything that moves in the field is Mine. If I were hungry I would not tell you, for the world is Mine, and all it contains” (Ps. 50:10-12).


This is my Father’s world. “In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth…God saw all that He had made, and behold, it was very good.” (Gen. 1:1, 31).


This is my Father’s world. “Who has measured the waters in the hallow of His hand, and marked off the heavens by the span, and calculated the dust of the earth by the measure, and weighed the mountains in a balance and the hills in a pair of scales?” (Isa. 40:12).


This is my Father’s world. “Do you not know? Have you not heard? Has it not been declared to you from the beginning? Have you not understood from the foundations of the earth? It is He who sits above the circle of the earth, and its inhabitants are like grasshoppers, Who stretches out the heavens like a curtain and spreads them out like a tent to dwell in” (Isa. 40:21-22).


This is my Father’s world. “To whom then will you liken Me that I would be his equal?” says the Holy One. Life up your eyes on high and see who created these stars, the One who leads forth their host by number, He calls them all by name; because of the greatness of His might and the strength of His power, not one of them is missing” (Isa. 40:25-26).


This is my Father’s world. “Where were you when I laid the foundation of the earth?…Who set its measurements?…Or who stretched the line on it? On what were its bases sunk? Or who laid its cornerstone, when the morning stars sang together and all the sons of God shouted for joy? Or who enclosed the sea with doors when, bursting forth, it went out from the womb; when I made a cloud its garment and thick darkness its swaddling band, and I placed boundaries on it and set a bolt and doors, and I said, ‘Thus far you shall come, but no farther; and here shall your proud waves stop’?” (Job 38:4-11).


This is my Father’s world. “Have you ever in your life commanded the morning, and caused the dawn to know its place, that it might take hold of the ends of the earth, and the wicked be shaken out of it?…Have you entered into the springs of the sea or walked in the recesses of the deep? Have the gates of death been revealed to you, or have you seen the gates of the deep darkness? Have you understood the expanse of the earth?” (Job 38:12-13, 16-18).


This is my Father’s world. “He sends forth springs in the valleys; they flow between the mountains; they give drink to every beast of the field; the wild donkeys quench their thirst. Beside them the birds of the heavens dwell; they lift up their voices among the branches. He waters the mountains from His upper chambers; the earth is satisfied with the fruit of His works” (Ps. 104:10-13).


This is my Father’s world. “O Lord, how many are Your works! In wisdom You have made them all; the earth is full of Your possessions…They all wait for You to give them their food in due season. You give to them, they gather it up; You open Your hand, they are satisfied with good” (Ps. 104:24, 27-28).


This is my Father’s world. “He [Jesus] is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation. For by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities – all things have been created through Him and for Him. He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together” (Col. 1:15-17).


This is my Father’s world. “Worthy are You, our Lord and our God, to receive glory and honor and power; for You created all things, and because of Your will they existed, and were created” (Rev. 4:11).

No comments: