Translate

Monday, November 24, 2008

True-Hearted Worship [A Thanksgiving Song]

I offer the following verses in thanksgiving and praise to the One whom I worship with ever-increasing desire that my heart be true and that His name be glorified.

Why is my heart so full of thanks
With praises on my tongue?
Why do I smile in my soul
When Jesus songs are sung?
I’ll shout it from the mountain high
Till every ear has heard:
My Jesus loves me this I know,
He told me in His Word

My heart is filled with holy fear
In reverence for my King
Almighty God, the Lord of lords
Who reigns o’er everything
I’ll offer up my very life
The cross I’ll gladly bear
Proclaim salvation in His name
To people everywhere

Give me an undefiled heart
That’s faithful, right and true
Lord, anchor my soul to your Word
Cleanse me through and through
Whom have I, Lord, on earth or heav’n
Apart from You alone?
O may your Spirit take my heart
And bind it to your throne

My heart is filled with peace and joy
In Christ, my great delight
Who saved me from the dark of hell
And brought me to His light
O Christian, join your heart in praise
Give thanks with grateful song
The Lord is good, His faithfulness
Endures forever long.

No comments: