Translate

Friday, November 14, 2008

Yet I Will Rejoice!

It's been a tough week. Plans haven't gone as I wanted. The Marriage Check-up seminar got cancelled last week for lack of participants (only 2 couples had signed up!). Didn't make it to the Pastor's Conference that I was looking forward to. Missed the chance to get together with my old college roommate. Lost my favorite ball cap. Oldest boy's been sick. Wife's been sick and still has a bum foot. Haven't had the study time I'd like to prepare for Sunday. Didn't get my article written for the Ridgway News. Yard still full of leaves. And it's raining, again.

But God is good. I praise Him in all of it. He is the One who is in control - and not me. There's a refreshing thought!

I'm looking forward to Sunday. It's Youth Sunday and I can't wait to see how God is going to keep moving in the hearts and lives of our students. Already there are two who have publicly confessed Christ as Savior and Lord and are ready to take the step of baptism. I pray for more!

There's so much to still rejoice in. The Iron Men men's Bible study that we resumed on Monday night. A cooperative, glad-hearted business meeting Wednesday night. More time at home with my family this week. A strong, biblical message from Grant Medford last Sunday morning. No matter what the circumstances may be, God is God, He is good, and I will rejoice in Him.

"Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will be joyful in God my Savior." - Habakkuk 3:17-18


No comments: