Translate

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Still Captured By God's Care (Psalm 8)

Psalm 8

I remember our pastor at Trimble Bible Church where I grew up asking the congregation to think about our favorite psalm one week and come back the next ready to share about it. I was just a boy, but I clearly remember this Psalm being my favorite. Too young, however, and too shy to speak up in the middle of all those adults and say it! I regret that, because I’m sure it would have been an inspiration to them to see a young boy learning to love the Word of God!

Thirty years later, though, and I still love this majestic song. So I’m saying it now that this psalm still humbles me to the core when I think about the glory and the love of the Almighty Creator. When I think about the brilliance of the heavens and realize that the One who created the starry host and brings them out one by one and calls them each by name is the One who is also mindful of me, who cares for me, who loved me enough to send His very own Son to take my place on the cross, who calls me His very own child – my soul falls prostrate before Him in worship and gratitude and adoration.

Let the wonder of God’s glorious creation take hold of you. Consider the beauty of the mountain peaks, the vastness of the ocean’s depth, the limitless reaches of the galaxies – whatever spurs your awe of God’s design – and marvel at His handiwork. Then know that this majestic, omnipotent God knows your name and cares deeply for you.

No comments: